Technical Engineer – Job Purpose:
Produce technical specifications for manufacturing bespoke high performance timber windows and doors, working with the customer and internal departments to ensure the products are optimised for the project requirements.
Main Duties of Role:
- Process customer orders (post quotation) updating all information to meet the technical requirements of the project.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure all of their requirements are met.
- Discuss special requirements internally to ensure that optimal solutions are found.
- Produce supplementary drawings in AutoCAD to clarify non-standard requirements.
- Provide production and installation support.
- Support with the development of systems and processes.
- Such other duties as required for successful delivery of the role.
- Experience with CAD software.
- A good eye for detail and a high level of accuracy with data entry and complex specifications.
- Able to think logically with a proven problem solving ability.
- Confident and organised with excellent communication skills.
- Understand the importance of providing excellent customer service and is able to deliver on this.
- Possess drive, ambition and determination to develop technical knowledge of the products we supply and manufacture.
- Mechanically minded individual who is interested in how things are made.
- Able to work in a methodical manner and is comfortable working in a team.
- Previous experience in a technical sales order processing/customer service role
- Experience in the window/building industry processing technical order requests
- Technical knowledge of timber windows and doors
- Expert knowledge and experience with AutoCAD
Closing Date: 17 February 2017
For more information about the position or to apply please contact Vic Danes our HR Adviser either by email email@example.com or by calling 01775 821 921.