If you are driven by quality, have a restless ambition to continuously improve and enjoy working as a team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Project Technical Manager
Due to our ever growing workload and expansion we are looking for an outstanding individual to join our technical department with a title of Project Technical Manager.
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of prestigious projects across the UK. The main responsibility of the role will be to coordinate all technical aspects of the window and door design with the design intent of the building. Collaboration with all parties involved will be required including architects, steel fabricators, stonemasons and structural engineers/consultants. Some national travel will be required.
- Proficient AutoCAD user
- Experience in preparation of technical packages
- Experience in an Architectural Technician role
- Have strong knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Passionate about technical design
- Degree in Architectural design or similar relevant qualification
- Confident in project management
- Revit experience
- Experience of façade design
Responsibilities of Role
- Lead on technical projects, attending site meeting as required.
- Produce project specific technical packages (project packs on specification of windows & doors including U values, sample documents and O&M manuals)
- Work with the Contracts Manager and installation team on project specific installation drawings and interface documents.
- Support sales team with specific project technical documents for installation, working with suppliers, contractors and consultants
- General technical documents for installation e.g. working with suppliers on typical details
- Liaise with Sales team / Project Manager regarding changes to project technical information
- Develop BIM product library
- Observe all safety rules and procedures, ensuring that the work area, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area.
- Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company.
At George Barnsdale, we’ve been crafting the highest-quality wooden windows and doors at our Lincolnshire-based factory since 1884. We blend detailed design with premium materials and cutting-edge technologies to ensure our windows and doors are as enduring as they are beautiful.
Main Job Purpose:
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who has demonstrated experience with working with Sales and external agencies to develop and produce innovative marketing campaigns that drive customer acquisition, loyalty and conversion and brand equity across digital, traditional, and physical channels. The role encompasses both B2C and B2B.
With sole responsibility for the day to day running of the marketing function, you will be working within an experienced sales team. The role has strong development potential for an experienced candidate with a passion to succeed.
Duties will include:
1) Work closely with stakeholders to develop through-the-line, integrated campaigns that support both brand and commercial objectives.
2) Critically evaluate all campaigns and be responsible for continually improving and taking our marketing communications to the next level (based upon agreed KPIs).
3) Champion the customer in all manner of activities, ensuring the customer is at the heart of all communication activities.
4) Ensure all activities align to the brand guidelines and brand positioning.
5) Creation of compelling content across a variety of channels including blogs, brochures, advertorials, newsletters.
6) Represent George Barnsdale in customer communications via Social Media.
7) Manage agency relationships for Web, SEO, Adwords, Video and Graphic Design.
8) Use data analytics to constantly improve marketing communications and optimize conversion rates and engagement levels.
1) Excellent written and verbal communicator, with engaging interpersonal skills.
2) Capable copywriter.
3) Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
4) Ability to assess proper next steps when receiving conflicting feedback or unclear direction from a variety of stakeholders.
5) Qualifications in Marketing or Business Management is essential.
6) You must have a level of experience in brand marketing already, both on and offline.
7) Digital and social marketing knowledge and strong IT literacy skills.
8) Comfortable working with numbers and making sense of metrics.
1) Knowledge / experience of marketing to contractors, developers and specifiers.
2) Knowledge/Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
3) Experience of an Email Marketing Package (Click Dimensions preferable).
Based in Donington, near Spalding, we are a long established, friendly and innovative timber framed windows and doors, manufacturing business. Started in 1884 and still owned by the Barnsdale family, we have grown and adapted with changing trends and technology.
- Attention to detail and pride in doing a task well are essential.
You must be physically fit to do this role.
The successful candidate will be especially adept at practical tasks, and will be able to provide information about their previous experience (whether at work or in spare time) on their CV/cover letter. If your CV/cover letter does not show this, then your application will not be considered.
- Starting Pay is £8.16 per hour
- Hours per week are 7.30am to 5.00pm
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent