Main Job Purpose:
The Purchasing Manager is a newly created role and will oversee planning and purchasing of all materials, ensuring that prices and contracts are effectively negotiated and that the quality of goods reflect the requirements of the Group.
Main Duties of Role:
• Supplier management including negotiation of contracts and performance monitoring.
• Develop strong partnerships with supplier base to identify opportunities for improvement with mutual benefit.
• Continuous monitoring of the market and macro-economic climate to ensure that we are managing opportunities and risks effectively.
• Manage stores and inventory, optimising stock items and quantities by forecasting demand and trends in accordance with sales and order schedules.
• Monitor the procurement of parts for orders ensuring they meet delivery requirements and resolve any issues that occur.
• Take responsibility for achieving tight deadlines.
• Oversee the resolution of issues arising from materials and their supply.
• Work with technical colleagues in specifying parts and continuously compare, negotiate and identify alternative products to always get the best possible price.
• Oversee and manage performance of purchasing team including training and development.
• Develop and ensure adherence to purchasing processes, procedures and systems.
• Maintain a network of professional contacts to discover new supply opportunities.
• Demonstrate the company values personally and with your team.
• Observe all safety rules and procedures, ensuring that the work area, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area.
• Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
• Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company.
• Several years’ experience within a Purchasing / Supply Chain Management role, ideally in a technical environment, with strong negotiation skills
• Proven ability in the management of a small team with effective communication skills
• Previous application of strategic purchasing methods and Supplier performance management
• Ability to build, hold and maintain relationships at all levels with colleagues and suppliers.
• Ability to gather and analyse data
• Some technical knowledge would be advantageous
• CIPS qualification
Download our brochure
Take our comprehensive range of timber windows and doors away with you.Download brochure
Complete our enquiry form
Fill in a few details about yourself and we’ll get straight back to you.Complete enquiry form
Or simply get in touch
Our friendly and professional sales team are here to answer your questions.