May 19, 2021
George Barnsdale is delighted to be launching the next in its series of CPDs – Forest to Factory -the evolution and revolution of timber fenestration starting on 16th June at 1pm by webinar. The CPD takes an in-depth look at timber from seed to window and beyond and helps explain why windows from Victorian times have outlasted many made in the 90s and 2000s.
It also explains:
- how to select the right timber from the right sources
- modern methods of treatment
- correct storage and engineering
- discover why heartwood beats sapwood
- how softwood can last as long as hardwood
- how different design and manufacturing methods impact on longevity
- why timber lasts twice as long as plastic
- what makes it so eco-friendly
- and lots more…
Any architects, specifiers or other building/construction project teams wishing to sign up to the webinar on 16th June can do so here. Those unable to attend can request a socially distanced one-to-one or remote presentation with one of our team by emailing us here.